- Rational Approaches to Healing
- Muscle Response Testing and Pitfalls
- Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Therapies
- Devices (Overview)
- Essences and Homeopathics
- Diets, Recipes and Homemade Interventions
- Drugs and Destructive Methods
- Issues with…
- Imbalances in…
- Circulation & Heart
- Structure, Bones, Joints, Teeth
- Lungs & Sinus
- Endocrines – Thyroid, Adrenals, Gonads
- Kidney and Bladder
- Liver & Gall Bladder
- Immune System
- Nerves and Brain
- The Skin
- The Eyes
- Client Info
A Different Approach to Cancer
Cancer is a symptom of a sick body. So should our therapies target the cancer, or, the sick body? Poisoning it and radiating it makes a sick body sicker. Is this approach expected to have good results? “Treat it until you can’t see it” is deemed a successful treatment. But the health of the person is left in shambles, with the underlying cause (aka cancer stem cells) unaddressed. This is a recipe for a repeat disaster.
99% of all those cells in a tumor are cancerous non-stem cells (these have a finite lifespan and are not responsible for cancer growth). Only 1% are ‘cancer stem cells’, that is, tumor forming cells, and these are immortal unless the immune system does something about them. Chemo only effects the cancerous non-stem cells which comprise 99% of the tumor AND make the cancer stem cells more active and aggressive!! That is why the tumor reduces in size but the dangerous 1% is activated. These cancer stem cells not only survive treatment, but, continue forming tumors resulting in metastasis. They are still active in the body even though the tumor is gone. Cancerous non-stem cells cannot metastasize only cancer stem cells can. Cancer stem cells have the ability to hide themselves from the immune system. Natural substances that address the cancer stem cells are Green tea extract and apricot kernels.
So IF their ‘killing’ approaches were working well, cancer would NOT be one of the top killers of Americans. We must shift emphasis from ‘killing cancer cells’ to ‘stimulate the patient’s own healing and survival techniques.’
At the bottom of this post there is research that shows why repeated chemo-ing is not only ineffective but, in fact, is cancer causing!! Ironically, when the doc says that “the cancer has spread to…”, it is their chemo treatment that has spread it!! (But remember there is no money in curing a disease; only in maintaining a return customer.) If you feel there is no hope for you then read this post.
There is a reason cancer develops in anyone’s body unresolved!!! And if the intelligent body with its Divine programming didn’t resolve it, do you think you are going to resolve it in a weakened, impaired-function body? Using the ‘killing’ approach? That causes cancer? Really? Think about that. Everyone has observed that tracking and destroying cancer cells often kills the patient. Can we rethink this?
What is happening at the cancer site? First, there is a derangement of the natural flow of energy and blood at the site. THEREFORE the natural and potent rectifiers of pathology are absent! (This is true for any pathology, actually.) Both of these need to be addressed. Addressing just the physical gives temporary results at best, or the typical disastrous results. And to my friends in alternative medicine who push herbal, pH and Ozone therapies I ask this: If you cannot deliver it to the site due to poor blood circulation how can it be effective? We know that if a cell is deprived of 60% of it’s oxygen it turns cancerous. Well how could that happen? Blood couldn’t get there, duh. The life of the flesh is in the blood and that very important rectifier of pathology is absent, ergo pathology and death run rampant.
Non-material Side of Pathology
Fact: Stress impairs normal body functions including circulation, thus stress impairs the ability to resolve disease. What contributes to our current stresses? Our broken relationships, unforgiven offenses, grudges, guilt, tormenting thoughts, fears, hurtful emotions, past haunting traumas – all derange the flow of good energy around and through us. Emotional traumas are a taxation on your immune system. One minute of anger will depress the immune system for six hours. This is measurable. Good thoughts make good health-promoting chemicals; bad thoughts inhibit the release of these healing and health-promoting chemicals. The connection is indisputable. There is evidence that cancer and other pathology begin in the non-material world of our thoughts and emotions (which impact our biofield), then manifest later in our tissues. So we must address both the emotional/mental as well as the physical. Many who successfully come through cancer treatment survive because their ordeal caused them to re-examine their paradigm and priorities in life AND let go of all else (anger, offenses, grudges, etc.). If the result of that ‘rethink’ produces peace and calmness, then it clearly serves their survival efforts well.
The Material Aspects of Resolving Cancer
I have prioritized below a help-yourself-survive approach from working with many cancer people. Any approach should make patient survival the highest priority. Here are seven categories, which should be addressed in a material approach to resolving cancer. Remember always: You don’t have to die with cancer; but you may have to live with it, and keep it in remission. The nutritional guidelines are as follows:
- Energy production – The body MUST have energy. If you are fatigued you will remain stuck in your illness – any illness. You can have the best blueprint in place (your DNA) for rebuilding healthy tissue but if you have insufficient energy or materials, this process stalls. Follow the recommendations in the Fatigue post. Beneficial nutritional sources to add to that include Chlorophyll Capsules (#1690-7), Super Blue Green Algae (#1056-5), and Barley Juice capsules (#55-1). Any one of these is reported to have resolved cancer in individuals by providing concentrated nutrition the the body is lacking. If you are suffering from chemo treatment (loss of appetite, nausea, weight loss, etc.) the easy broth drink is a MUST. Nourishing yourself is first priority – NOT killing cancer cells. And if you have chosen to go through standard treatment and you are fatigued by the assault, you will improve your chances of surviving the ordeal if you can nourish yourself with the broth drink, NOT protein powder shakes, NOT canned liquid meals, NOT raw juicing, and NOT smoothies. Do NOT overwhelm your digestion with big meals no matter how hungry or underweight you have become – your digestion has been ruined by chemo and your liver, which plays a major role in digestion, has been poisoned. Therefore too much food can cause blockages because you lack energy to move a lot of material.
- Circulation – Most likely this cancerous process was allowed to develop where it is because the body’s access to that location was hampered by lymphatic stagnation and a poor supply of blood. If you cannot get blood there you cannot heal anything – in fact, the chemo won’t even get there (and docs know it so they fry you with radiation. At the bottom of the ‘No Hope for Me’ post are a pathologist’s insights regarding cancer treatment.) To improve the blood quality and delivery, electro medicine devices may be necessary. I would encourage the use of the PEMF and the Silver Pulser. The PEMF is said to ‘denature’ a tumor but I believe its action is to improve circulation to the site by resolving lymphatic congestion so the body can do what it is designed to do. This is one reason that sometimes herbs for cancer cannot help – because the blood cannot deliver them to the site.
- Enzymes – Dr. Kelly’s successful approach (including resolving his own pancreatic cancer which had metastasized throughout his body) emphasizes enzyme supplementation. Dark field microscopy shows that enzyme supplementation improves blood quality. Enzymes have also been shown to digest debris in the lymph and improve the circulation of the blood. An enzyme protocol is to take 2 HP Protease (#1876-1) 3 times a day on an empty stomach. Kelly used formulas containing Trypsin and Chymotrypsin. This is part of a lymph cleanse protocol. Following the recommendation in #2 above will improve the circulation of these enzymes.
- Immune boosters – Successful alternative cancer treatments emphasize unimpeding the immune system and then stimulating it into action. The immune system permeates every part of our being. It is the one that handles our alarm system.
The people who ‘never get sick’ may not necessarily be healthy, but rather have an immune system that is apathetic to elements that challenge their existence. Regulating the body temperature is a healthy immune function, so an elevated temp is an immune response. To help resolve cancer, the immune system must re-engage. C. Trigger Immune TCM (#1034-0) 1B, 1D and Immune Stimulator (#1839-3) 2B, 2D come up a lot with immune-compromised folks. Following the recommendation in #2 will improve the circulation of these nutrients. And if you are doing chemo your immune system will be so compromised they have to do blood tests to make sure they don’t kill you. (But your death certificate will say you died from cancer – not their aggressive uninspired treatment.) These 2 supplements will enhance white blood cell production as will Astragalus (#40-1) 2B, 2D. If other blood anomalies show up, do Conc Chinese Blood Stimulator TCM(1005-9) 2B. Finally, in the 1920’s and 1930’s Hydrochloric Acid Therapy was routinely resolving all kinds of cancer and it was thought that the action was through increased phagocytosis, or immune enhancement. This is a simple and inexpensive adjunctive therapy which can easily be done at home. Acid blockers promote lots of cellular debris in the body.
- Diet – General dietary recommendations are given in that link. But for cancer it is important to know that all healthy cells in our body can function on two kinds of fuels, glucose and keto acids. Cancer cells need glucose to thrive. Glucose is made from carbohydrates. So an aggressive anti-cancer protocol should involve a keto-genic diet to nourish healthy cells (for energy) and retard the growth of cancer cells. This means removing all carbs (grains and root veggies). Basically cancer growth is retarded in proportion to carb restriction. This is a temporary emergency measure until your energy is good and you have other measures that show your body is on top of the situation, resolving the issue and you are living well with your body resolving the cancer.
The leukocytic index indicates how many bad guys a white blood cell can consume in an hour. A healthy leukocytic index is 16 but after a meal high in carbohydrates that index drops down to one and stays there for several hours. This means you have handicapped your immune system.
Juicing is often considered an important dietary intervention. Consider when blending up the veggies to consume the whole plant, because, the cellulose (part often discarded) is high in Beta Glucan, which helps the immune system, AND, the cellulose makes the sugars in the plant release slower into the blood which avoids an insulin spike.
- Detoxifying – Note that toxins are only deadly when they get stuck. Good circulation keeps them moving out. (There is an analogy here to toxic thoughts – they too are only deadly when we don’t process them out.)
This detox process is usually postponed until steps 1-4 have resulted in an unmistakable increase of sustainable energy for a two-month duration. Often, when your intelligent body has sufficient energy, it will start to cleanse itself – if it is deemed a priority. It does not seem to do well on cleansing programs when a person is fatigued or has poor circulation through the tissue that needs to be ‘detoxed’. The Gentle Liver Cleanse is where I would begin.
- Proactively Deal with the Fog of Illness – This can not be appreciated enough. Now more than ever you must train yourself to write things down and follow your plan to return to health every day. Use timers to remind you of your breathing therapy, or sipping some of your broth, or taking supplements or other non-herbal interventions. Often I have called folks to see how they were doing and routinely they report they are not doing some important interventions – for no other reason than the brain fog of illness erased it from their mind. Getting well takes discipline that often our foggy brain cannot support. So write down your intervention schedule and use your timers to remind you.
A client told me of an incident that happened to a relative. He was about to start chemo and was listening to the administering nurse’s instructions along with his wife.
Nurse: Now Mr. [..], if this needle comes out of your arm you need to get me right away because this chemo will eat up your skin.
Mr. […] : Ma’am, if it will eat up my outsides what will it do to my insides? Take that needle out! Come on, wife, we are going home.
And Mr. […] lived happily for another 25 years.
I worked with a man long ago whose cancer treatment for pancreatic cancer did nothing to ‘kill the cancer’ and they had done ‘all they can do’. The treatment left him weak and unable to go to work much. We began working together and he felt more energy, went back to work full time and was enjoying good quality of life. After about 6 months he was scheduled for another scan which showed the pancreatic tumor was still there. He felt so good he thought it was gone. They offered him an experimental treatment (5% effective) to ‘kill the cancer’. I couldn’t reason with him as he too wanted the tumor gone even though he was living well with it. The experimental treatment killed him. It may have killed the cancer too. No victory here.
I guarantee his death certificate did not say that cancer treatment was the cause of death.
Pat Block, CNHP, N.D.
Chemotherapy can backfire and boost cancer growth: study (Aug 5, 2012)
Cancer-busting chemotherapy can cause damage to healthy cells which triggers them to secrete a protein that sustains tumour growth and resistance to further treatment, a study said Sunday.
Researchers in the United States made the “completely unexpected” finding while seeking to explain why cancer cells are so resilient inside the human body when they are easy to kill in the lab.
They tested the effects of a type of chemotherapy on tissue collected from men with prostate cancer, and found “evidence of DNA damage” in healthy cells after treatment, the scientists wrote in Nature Medicine.
Chemotherapy works by inhibiting reproduction of fast-dividing cells such as those found in tumours.
The scientists found that healthy cells damaged by chemotherapy secreted more of a protein called WNT16B which boosts cancer cell survival.
“The increase in WNT16B was completely unexpected,” study co-author Peter Nelson of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle told AFP.
The protein was taken up by tumour cells neighbouring the damaged cells.
“WNT16B, when secreted, would interact with nearby tumour cells and cause them to grow, invade, and importantly, resist subsequent therapy,” said Nelson.
In cancer treatment, tumours often respond well initially, followed by rapid regrowth and then resistance to further chemotherapy.
Rates of tumour cell reproduction have been shown to accelerate between treatments.
“Our results indicate that damage responses in benign cells… may directly contribute to enhanced tumour growth kinetics,” wrote the team.
The researchers said they confirmed their findings with breast and ovarian cancer tumours.
The result paves the way for research into new, improved treatment, said Nelson.
“For example, an antibody to WNT16B, given with chemotherapy, may improve responses (kill more tumour cells),” he said in an email exchange.
“Alternatively, it may be possible to use smaller, less toxic doses of therapy.”
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2004 Dec;16(8):549-60.
The contribution of cytotoxic chemotherapy to 5-year survival in adult malignancies [Only 2%] Morgan G, Ward R, Barton M.
Department of Radiation Oncology, Northern Sydney Cancer Centre, Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, NSW, Australia. email@example.com
The debate on the funding and availability of cytotoxic drugs raises questions about the contribution of curative or adjuvant cytotoxic chemotherapy to survival in adult cancer patients.
We undertook a literature search for randomised clinical trials reporting a 5-year survival benefit attributable solely to cytotoxic chemotherapy in adult malignancies. The total number of newly diagnosed cancer patients for 22 major adult malignancies was determined from cancer registry data in Australia and from the Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results data in the USA for 1998. For each malignancy, the absolute number to benefit was the product of (a) the total number of persons with that malignancy; (b) the proportion or subgroup(s) of that malignancy showing a benefit; and (c) the percentage increase in 5-year survival due solely to cytotoxic chemotherapy. The overall contribution was the sum total of the absolute numbers showing a 5-year survival benefit expressed as a percentage of the total number for the 22 malignancies.
The overall contribution of curative and adjuvant cytotoxic chemotherapy to 5-year survival in adults was estimated to be 2.3% in Australia and 2.1% in the USA.
As the 5-year relative survival rate for cancer in Australia is now over 60%, it is clear that cytotoxic chemotherapy only makes a minor contribution to cancer survival. To justify the continued funding and availability of drugs used in cytotoxic chemotherapy, a rigorous evaluation of the cost-effectiveness and impact on quality of life is urgently required.
Consider this…..I have learned more from very sick people than I have from double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over studies. My sick clients taught me how to get them well - things that even my teachers didn't know. I have such smart clients.
** Important Warning **Nothing on this site is FDA approved. Nothing I write here is intended to be medical advice. Follow my recommendations at your own risk. Results may vary, and blah, blah, blah. So if the required warnings have not scared you away, then you have a chance. I'm reporting here what kinds of approaches actually helped very sick people get well, AND the kinds of things that actually made them sick (and it usually isn't lack of exercise, weight, menopause or smoking - it is the underlying cause of all those things.)
** Important Posts **
In case you were wondering..B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner, b=bedtime. Make sure to read What to Expect on an Herbal Program (in the Herb menu) before beginning. Dosages given are about what my clients benefit from. You may be different. Begin slowly and see how each recommendation benefits you.
** Join the Discussion **This website is a work in progress and a sharing tool. Feel free to use the comment forms to share your tried and true 'something natural'.