- Rational Approaches to Healing
- Muscle Response Testing and Pitfalls
- Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Therapies
- Devices (Overview)
- Essences and Homeopathics
- Diets, Recipes and Homemade Interventions
- Drugs and Destructive Methods
- Issues with…
- Imbalances in…
- Circulation & Heart
- Structure, Bones, Joints, Teeth
- Lungs & Sinus
- Endocrines – Thyroid, Adrenals, Gonads
- Kidney and Bladder
- Liver & Gall Bladder
- Immune System
- Nerves and Brain
- The Skin
- The Eyes
- Client Info
Overview: This diet focuses on avoiding an insulin response which promotes deposition of fat, supporting a high metabolic rate, and redirecting food energy to muscle instead of fat. The major shift in eating is away from grains to protein and legumes for calories. This information is greatly condensed from The Four Hour Body by Timothy Ferriss
1. 1st meal should not be a binge meal but rather high in protein.
2. Drink grapefruit juice prior to 2nd meal and consume citric juices (lemon, lime) in water.
3. If you need cathartics, this is the day to take them to accelerate binge removal
4. Short bursts (less than 90 seconds) of intense exercise before eating directs energy into building muscle instead of fat storage.
Consider this…..I have learned more from very sick people than I have from double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over studies. My sick clients taught me how to get them well - things that even my teachers didn't know. I have such smart clients.
** Important Warning **Nothing on this site is FDA approved. Nothing I write here is intended to be medical advice. Follow my recommendations at your own risk. Results may vary, and blah, blah, blah. So if the required warnings have not scared you away, then you have a chance. I'm reporting here what kinds of approaches actually helped very sick people get well, AND the kinds of things that actually made them sick (and it usually isn't lack of exercise, weight, menopause or smoking - it is the underlying cause of all those things.)
** Important Posts **
In case you were wondering..B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner, b=bedtime. Make sure to read What to Expect on an Herbal Program (in the Herb menu) before beginning. Dosages given are about what my clients benefit from. You may be different. Begin slowly and see how each recommendation benefits you.
** Join the Discussion **This website is a work in progress and a sharing tool. Feel free to use the comment forms to share your tried and true 'something natural'.