- Rational Approaches to Healing
- Muscle Response Testing and Pitfalls
- Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Therapies
- Devices (Overview)
- Essences and Homeopathics
- Diets, Recipes and Homemade Interventions
- Drugs and Destructive Methods
- Issues with…
- Imbalances in…
- Circulation & Heart
- Structure, Bones, Joints, Teeth
- Lungs & Sinus
- Endocrines – Thyroid, Adrenals, Gonads
- Kidney and Bladder
- Liver & Gall Bladder
- Immune System
- Nerves and Brain
- The Skin
- The Eyes
- Client Info
Candida Albicans is a yeast/fungal organism that is normally found in the digestive tract and other parts of our body and may serve an important function in the body (This role is also acknowledged by German New Medicine).
When the Candida population is out of balance anywhere in the body it is a sign that stress or chemicals or lowered circulation/enervation have damaged those tissues, NOT the fungus. In order to rebuild new healthy tissue, the damaged tissue needs to be digested or broken down and removed. These microorganisms perform that service so the population of these microbes needs to be increased locally to do just that. See the Infection or BioRemediation post.
THE most effective ‘anti-Candida’ therapy is (read these posts)
- Address the Stress or you’ll find yourself here again.
- Understanding the role of microbes in the body, and what impact fatigue has in your recovery.
- Use aromatic herbs to improve circulation to the area (to expedite the formation of healthy tissue) like Gastro Health Concentrate, or Artemisia Combo, or Seasonal Defense.
If you are chronically fatigued it will take longer to repair tissue so do not waste your energy on unnecessary activities (like exercise) while your body is needing energy to heal itself.
Using Silver Gel (#4950-1) topically helps reduce the inflammation and brings quicker resolution. Healthy tissue does not succumb to Candida or any other parasitic infection.
Antibiotics don’t affect Candida directly but they do adversely affect the populations of important microbes needed for good health. Anti-fungals, in addition to destroying the liver, will reduce Candida and other beneficial fungal forms. But this prolongs the inflammation process as described in the Infection doc. Reintroducing these kinds of strains helps some (Flora Force (#4080-4) or ProBiotic 11 (#1510-1)). Probiotic foods (living ferments in the recipe section) are also beneficial in rebalancing the lumen especially in children who have been damaged by vaccines, antibiotics, steroids and acid reflux medications. Balancing their gut balances their mood too.
Balancing the Candida in the body is not as difficult as some books outline. Many of the suggestions are ‘small potatoes’ compared to the discipline of keeping oneself calm. If sugar cravings are a problem look at some lifestyle compensations. If fatigue is a problem then recovery will take a long time so one should consult that document.
©Patricia Block N.D. 1999. All rights reserved.
©Pat Block ND 2009
Consider this…..I have learned more from very sick people than I have from double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over studies. My sick clients taught me how to get them well - things that even my teachers didn't know. I have such smart clients.
** Important Warning **Nothing on this site is FDA approved. Nothing I write here is intended to be medical advice. Follow my recommendations at your own risk. Results may vary, and blah, blah, blah. So if the required warnings have not scared you away, then you have a chance. I'm reporting here what kinds of approaches actually helped very sick people get well, AND the kinds of things that actually made them sick (and it usually isn't lack of exercise, weight, menopause or smoking - it is the underlying cause of all those things.)
** Important Posts **
- ► I Went to the Doctor and the Doctor Said…
- ► THE Technical Info on the Herbs
- ► Uh oh, what was I supposed to do when I think I’m getting sick?
- ► Fatigue: The Mother of All Disease
- ► Uh oh, my kid is sick again
- ► Childhood Disorders (ADHD, Behavior Disorders, etc.)
- ► Too Busy to do Healthy
- ► Of Drugs, OTCs and Black Electrical Tape
- ► Pat’s book – Spiritual Disciplines for Physical and Emotional Healing
In case you were wondering..B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner, b=bedtime. Make sure to read What to Expect on an Herbal Program (in the Herb menu) before beginning. Dosages given are about what my clients benefit from. You may be different. Begin slowly and see how each recommendation benefits you.
** Join the Discussion **This website is a work in progress and a sharing tool. Feel free to use the comment forms to share your tried and true 'something natural'.