- Rational Approaches to Healing
- Muscle Response Testing and Pitfalls
- Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Therapies
- Devices (Overview)
- Essences and Homeopathics
- Diets, Recipes and Homemade Interventions
- Drugs and Destructive Methods
- Issues with…
- Imbalances in…
- Circulation & Heart
- Structure, Bones, Joints, Teeth
- Lungs & Sinus
- Endocrines – Thyroid, Adrenals, Gonads
- Kidney and Bladder
- Liver & Gall Bladder
- Immune System
- Nerves and Brain
- The Skin
- The Eyes
- Client Info
Tinnitus – Ringing in the Ears
“Medications that can cause tinnitus
A number of medications may cause or worsen tinnitus. Generally, the higher the dose of medication, the worse tinnitus becomes. Often the unwanted noise disappears when you stop using these drugs. Medications known to cause or worsen tinnitus include:
- Antibiotics, including chloramphenicol, erythromycin, gentamicin, vancomycin and bleomycin
- Cancer medications, including mechlorethamine and vincristine
- Diuretics — water pills — such as bumetanide, ethacrynic acid, furosemide
- Quinine medications used for malaria or other health conditions
- Chloroquine, a malaria medication
- Aspirin taken in uncommonly high doses (12 or more a day)”
Over-the-counter medications can also contribute to tinnitus if taken long term. If you are the victim of medication damage, it may be a while before your body recovers but you can begin by cleaning and renewing your liver with the Gentle Liver Cleanse and include the sulfur compounds MSM and NAC as described there.
Tinnitus resolves very slowly and without fanfare. Most my clients who had this don’t know when it actually went away. The most common underlying cause is oxidative damage to the nerves related to circulation issues. This occurs any place you have a delicate detector, like the eyes, or the finger tips. Tinnitus is often associated with high blood pressure, BUT poor circulation can be the underlying cause of both. In Traditional Chinese Medicine ear issues are associated with kidney/bladder issues, but the kidneys rely on good blood supply too. OK? So….
- Begin an aggressive blood supply program with GC-X (#1212-1) and Ginkgo Hawthorn (#909-3). Your body will love this (3B, 3D of each). Some of the Electro Medicine devices will also help with circulation.
- If after 3 weeks you notice no or only modest improvement you need to add nerve repair like St John’s Wort 2B, 2D. The nerves can affect the blood supply or be damaged themselves.
- If you have a tendency towards swollen lymph glands, sore throat, and congested head/sinus, or tooth abscesses, then relieving the lymph stagnation would be important. Lymph Gland Cleanse-HY (#920-3) 3B, 3D
- If after 3 more weeks you have not completely resolved the issue you will need to add some anti-oxidants like Grapine HP or Super ORAC (#808-3) 3B, 3D. Antioxidants can improve blood supply by reducing vascular inflammation.
- Concurrent with this program you can investigate whether resolving lymphatic stagnation issues with non-herbal interventions eases this problem (and others).
Excess Ear Wax
Ear wax is to the ears, as mucus is to the nose, as tears are to the eyes. These are all soothing, cleansing substances made by the intelligent body purposefully, usually in response to slow lymphatic drainage affecting those tissues. This post explains how debris leaves the body and the things that can affect lymphatic drainage. If debris cannot be removed using Plan A (lymph) then it resorts to Plan B which is wax (or mucus, or tear) production. Plan B then requires we pay attention and manage these flows (not stop them up). Plan B works better if the head and neck area are kept very warm at ALL times (snug hats and scarves, especially in the winter). To encourage Plan A, in which these things are handled without our notice (or discomfort), do a diet with only blood type friendly foods but without any grains at all. Grains tend to thicken our lymphatic fluids (even the blood type friendly ones) so the lymph fluids drain more slowly, which can initiate Plan B. Try it. You will find relief from Plan B manifestations in other areas of your body.
Itchy rashes anywhere on the body are also a sign of localized lymph stagnation (see ‘Ear Wax’ above).
This is a benign warning that you are fertile ground for a very unhappy diagnosis beginning with the letter C. Why? Because plugged ears bespeak clogged lymph. Clogged lymph has long been indicated in these unhappy diagnoses. There are steps to open the exits, some effective electro-medicine devices and other therapies that help here. Steps 3 and 5 above also apply. If there is pain, follow the recommendations in the kids remedies post under ear issues.
The program above for tinnitus can help with vertigo too. But if you only have vertigo and no (not ever) tinnitus, then the cause may be due to calculi (tiny stone) slowing down the flow of equalizing fluid in the ear as you move your head. Have a health professional do the Epley manuever on you. This is a slow procedure involving head movements and that uses gravity to get the calculi to move out of the canal. Look ‘Epley manuever’ up on YouTube. There are several very good animations that explain the process. Some people may want to try it on themselves.
Consider this…..I have learned more from very sick people than I have from double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over studies. My sick clients taught me how to get them well - things that even my teachers didn't know. I have such smart clients.
** Important Warning **Nothing on this site is FDA approved. Nothing I say is intended to be medical advice. Follow my recommendations at your own risk. Results may vary, and blah, blah, blah. So if the required warnings have not scared you away, then you have a chance. I'm reporting here what kinds of approaches actually helped very sick people get well, AND the kinds of things that actually made them sick (and it usually isn't their diet, lack of exercise, weight, menopause or smoking - it is the underlying cause of all those things.)
** Important Posts **
In case you were wondering..B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner, b=bedtime. Make sure to read What to Expect on an Herbal Program (in the Herb menu) before beginning. Dosages given are about what my clients benefit from. You may be different. Begin slowly and see how each recommendation benefits you.
** Join the Discussion **This website is a work in progress and a sharing tool. Feel free to use the comment forms to share your tried and true 'something natural'.